With the world coming alive once again with the end of Winter this post sees the revival of our Blog. To embrace this wonderful season and celebrate the delicious scents of Spring here is our Spring Lamb recipe.
This recipe has been put together by Clovely’s General Manager and Catering extraordinar Jason Winter to highlight how a twist to a recipe can change your wine accompaniment. This dish in its original form is perfect with our 2013 Grenache Shiraz Mourvdre or with a slight alteration can be paired with 2013 White Label Shiraz.
Prep Time: 24 hours Serves: 4 people
What you will need:
- 600 grams of Lamb Loin
- 1 spring of rosemary
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 brown onion
- 100grams of bacon (diced)
- South Burnett Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Pepper
Salas Verde Dressing Ingredients
- 1 cup of flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup of basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of capers, drained
- ½ cups of South Burnett Olive Oil
- 1 lemon juice
- Sea Salt
- Clean all excess fat and sinew from Lamb loin
- Strip all leaves from rosemary and chop roughly
- Take 4 garlic cloves, smash and fine dice
- Generously drizzle your Lamb with South Burnett Olive Oil, half the garlic and half of your rosemary
- Allow to marinate for 24 hours
- Wash sweet potato to remove all dirt
- Dice your sweet potato into 1cm cubes, coat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast at 170 degrees C in an oven for 15 mins (until soft)
- In a saucepan add South Burnett Olive Oil and diced bacon and sauté off for 2 minutes.
- Place remaining garlic and rosemary and diced onion. Sauté over a low heat, until garlic is opaque. Lightly salt and pepper onions
- Mix through sweet potato and set to the side and cover with alfoil
- Place a frying pan on gas, and drizzle in South Burnett Olive Oil and warm until lightly smoking (this will create a good seal on the outside of your Lamb)
- Take Lamb from the fridge and seal all sides of lamb in the frying pan. Salt and pepper once sealed as to not draw moisture from the Lamb.
- Remove from frying pan and place in baking tray.
- Put in 220 degree oven for 3-4 minutes depending on the thickness of the lamb and your personal preference
- Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes
- Slice lamb into 4 equal portions
- Serve over sweet potato hash as displayed in the photo
Salsa Verde Recipe:
- Place parsley, basil, garlic and capers into food processor. Process until finely chopped
- With the motor running, add South Burnett Olive Oil and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to parsley mixture. Process until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Stand for 10 minutes.
Wine Serving Suggestions:
Clovely Estate 2013 Grenache Shiraz Mourvdre match’s beautifully to this dish with it gentle acidity, medium tannins and oak spice to produce an elegant and sophisticated dinning experience.
Options: If you are a Shiraz lover we recommend adding smashed green peppercorns to your rosemary and garlic when marinating the lamb. This will infuse gentle, peppery notes, which will match to our 2013 White Label Shiraz. Which again shows soft acidity and fine tannins.
6 White Label Shiraz $66 RRP $90 OR
6 GSM for $96 RRP $132 OR
3 Shiraz + 3 GSM for $81 RRP $111
4L South Burnett Olive Oil usually $40 RRP $50
This offer available month of October from our Red Hill Cellar Door, please call 3876 3100 for a quote on postage.